Registration Extension and Season UpdateUpdatedTuesday March 31, 2020 bySMSA.
We’re doing our best to help flatten the curve by listening to and taking direction from Ottawa Public Health, the City of Ottawa, Softball Ontario and Softball Canada.
We know our 56er families are chomping at the bit to get outside and throw ball around, get those pitching shoulders warmed up and get equipment out of hibernation. We understand with the warmer weather coming, and with the fields drying up its tempting to physically distance oneself from others, but on an open-aired diamond. Please respect that we can’t do that just yet. The City is doing what they can to ensure a safe return to our favourite sport, but we need to be patient.
In the meantime, to help we are doing the following;
- Online registration will remain open until April 15, and we will keep extending as long as we need to.
- Register with confidence, as we are offering a full money-back guarantee should our season be cancelled, and reasonable refund if it’s shortened.
- We are waiting to hear from Softball Canada if we have a season this year, and as soon as we know, you will know.
- Our volunteers are still working to ensure we have the right equipment, enough gear, contracts ready, jerseys, hats, sponsorships, league play, training opportunities, coaches, and field bookings ready for when we are told we get to “Play Ball”
- We will be posting videos by SMSA coaches, demonstrating exercises, drills and games we can safely play with our families inside our homes, or in our backyard and help motivate athletes.
We are playing the long game 56ers. Try your best to stay positive, riding the pine takes patience, dedication and mental stamina – but know we’re in this together.
Tough times don’t last – tough people do. We got this. #56erStrong